List:       jakarta-general
Subject:    Re: Release voting rules
From:       James Duncan Davidson <duncan () x180 ! net>
Date:       2001-01-24 22:16:07

On 1/24/01 4:45 AM, "Ted Husted" <news.ted@husted.com> wrote:

> On 1/23/2001 at 10:22 AM James Duncan Davidson <duncan@x180.net> wrote:
>> I'd rather see that the PMC is composed of at least one person from
> each subproject.
>
> On 1/24/2001 at 9:45 AM Conor MacNeill wrote:
>> Should that be committer or person? Will there be rules for how that
> person is selected? Is that one distinct person from each project? Just
> curious.
>
> I'm not sure what James had in mind originally. Personally, I would
> suggest that, looking forward, we could say something under "Creation
> of New Subprojects: like: "It is preferred but not required that at
> least one PMC member be a Committer to a new subproject."

I'm not solid on the 1--1 map of 1 person from each project (where there are
at least n members of the pmc where n = number of subprojects). What I am
solid in opinion on is that at least one Committer (and not silent
committer! we're talking active committer) from each codebase is a PMC
member. Whether or not dups are allowed (ie, where a person serves that role
for more than one code base) is irrelevant to that point.

                                                                  !try; do()