List:       jakarta-general
Subject:    Re: mod_jserv.so needs recompile
From:       Benjamin Reed <ranger () befunk ! com>
Date:       2000-11-22 20:18:40

Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:

> > When I installed tomcat to work with the apache version that ships with
> > RH Linux 6.2, I get the error mod_jserv.so compiled with Apache1.3API
> > recompile with -DAPI' when starting Apache.
>
> hmmm...
> i'm not an expert but i recon that you have two different issues here. the
> first is getting apache to run with mod_jserv, the second is getting apache
> to play with tomcat. i do have some advice about the first problem...
>
> it might well be that this actually isn't really a problem (or - the
> problem)
> i think that what you've got is a warning not an error.
>
> i run SuSE + get a warning everytime i start apache which sounds very like
> the one that you report

Also, you might want to try out my tomcat (and related) RPMS I've built
at http://www.opennms.org/~ben/ -- the tomcat ones are pretty much a
repackage of Henry Gomez's work at http://rpmized.free.fr/rpms/ to make
them play nice with distros other than RedHat, but I've got precompiled
tomcat and mod_jk/mod_jserv modules for RedHat 6.2+errata, Mandrake 7.2,
and SuSE 7.

--
Ben Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick (ranger@befunk.com)
http://defiance.dyndns.org/ / http://radio.scenespot.org/