List:       jakarta-general
Subject:    Re: Tomcat class loader suddenly unstable
From:       Fran Fabrizio <ffabrizio () mmrd ! com>
Date:       2000-09-27 19:40:06

Sorry about the omission. = )  Tomcat 3.1

I have a new theory as to the cause, too.   MySQL_Server_Connector extends
Server_Connector.  If I compile MySQL_Server_Connector and drop it into the
classes directory, maybe it's having trouble finding it's dependencies or
something?  Maybe the class loader that loads MySQL_Server_Connector can't
find the other classes or something goofy like that?

Can someone briefly explain (or point me to an explanation of) the class
loader mechanism and how it works?

Thanks,
Fran