List:       jakarta-general
Subject:    Re: [VOTE] Release Regexp 1.5
From:       "Jesse Kuhnert" <jkuhnert () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-03-21 2:59:08

As long as the analogies are going I thought I'd continue the story
with more of my own....

<even further in history>
Things continue for a while. Mike is happy, Apache is happy. All is
well. Mike continues his life long passion of being a master carpenter
and Apache helps raise the family. What could be better?

...Then one day Mike comes into his workshop and finds that someone
has taken it upon themselves to add two more clamps to his existing
two clamps on the piece he is currently working on. That's odd...What
the hell?

Mike confronts Apache. "Oh that, yes we've all decided that from now
on you'll need to use exactly twice the number of clamps you normally
do. You see - Codehauses husband Bob had a little accident the other
day. Nothing fatal but no one wants to take any chances...I'm sure you
understand. " Mike protested, thought that maybe it was bad that Bob
had such a scare but why did that have to affect him? It was of no
use. Apache had made up her mind and that was final..

Mike went back to his shop and tried this for a few days....But
eventually he just couldn't do it anymore. He pleaded with Apache
again but still she refused. Said that a decision had been made for
the good of all and he'd just have to accept it or move out.
Eventually Mike did move out.

You see, Apache had the unfortunate luck to marry someone with
aspbergers. If you don't know what that means a very easy reference
would be the beloved Mr. Spock. Quite funny I know, but if you
actually are Spock there's nothing funny about it. Just like there was
nothing funny about Mike placing extra clamps on his equipment when he
knew there was absolutely no point in doing it other than pleasing his
beloved Apache and her insufferable friends. No ...you might as well
ask a dog to stop sniffing other dogs asses, a  computer to stop
computing ..He had no choice. It wasn't something he could live with
no matter how much he loved Apache.

</even further in history>

<snipped>
> <future history>
> Apache gets married, finds a little house in the suburbs and raises
> little apachlets. But that's another story.
> </future history>
>
> So not losing values - these are Jakarta values that we relinquished 5
> years ago.
>
> On the "OTOH"... I've not got the patience for such convincing atm :)
>
> Hen

Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer