List:       jakarta-general
Subject:    Re: [RESULT] Move Jakarta Cactus/JMeter to new Testing TLP
From:       "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoliver () apache ! org>
Date:       2006-04-24 12:14:38

BTW, while I simply don't care on this particular issue.  I object to
the bizarre form of this vote by procedure as a
matter of practice.  On these issues:

1. If you don't get any response from the dev list of that project
coming to the PMC with a vote seems to be
"call votes until I get the answer I want" -- which I have always
thought was a bit "off".

2. The odd form of the vote.  +0 is "support but won't help" and +1
always provides for help.  While Apache is a
meritocracy rather than a do-ocracy (and believe me...it is different)
this ensures that the project will have enough
of the labor support that it will need.  Removing the labor component of
the vote is just plain ill-advised IMO.

No need to "explain" this to me, I'm just explaining why I may -1 on
form and not substance anything that is done this
way in the future.  Yet, I'll of course ignore it if I simply don't care
enough about the success for failure of the issue, but
silence in this case is not consent :-)

-Andy