List:       jakarta-general
Subject:    mail server hacked?
From:       Steve Cohen <stevecoh1 () comcast ! net>
Date:       2005-05-16 11:18:51

My mailbox has suddenly filled up with large volumes of German-language
email that appear to be of a racist anti-Turk nature.  (I don't speak
German).  All of this email has a "To:" addresses that are from
phony-sounding lists at apache.org.  I can see minotaur.apache.org in
the headers of all of them.  Was there some sort of exploit that allowed
this email to be sent through the Apache servers?  Or is this some new
form of hackery that allows the email to appear as if it has come
through the Apache servers?