List:       jakarta-general
Subject:    Re: Importing SourceForge code that uses ASL
From:       Paul Hammant <paul_hammant () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2004-04-02 8:58:41

Scott,

There are licensing issues, and you should really ask licensing@apache.org (subscribe \
in ususal way).

IANAL, but I think it is not clear.  The individuals at SF have not signed CLAs for \
Apache. If they had started the project on their own and merely chosen our 1.1 \
license, we'd definately not have the right to import the code (it has been said that \
the 1.1 license is not transportable). We certainly accept patches from people who've \
not signed CLAs, but whole bodies of work, merely based on code once hosted at \
Apache, it is not clear. There are loads more hyptheticals, but it's improper to \
confuse your simple case with those here.  Ask the licensing gang.

Regards,

- Paul

 --- Scott Eade <seade@backstagetech.com.au> wrote: > A while back someone forked JCS \
to a SourceForge project