List:       jakarta-general
Subject:    Speaker
From:       Dalyn Beye <dalyn_beye () telus ! net>
Date:       2002-02-26 22:06:45

Hello,

I am interested in getting a Developer from the Jakarta project,
specifically in the area of Tomcat, to come to Vancouver for a couple
days to teach our group.

We are currently working on developing Web Services for our portals,
mybc.com, alberta.com and myto.com.  We are running our mapping and
search applications on a tomcat server.  Some of us use ant for
development work as well.

Our focus in the past has been coldfusion, but we are slowly moving over
towards Java.  The experience on our team varies considerably but
everyone is keen to learn.

What we are looking for is someone to come in and give us a couple of
seminars on web related java development.  Perhaps someone who has
experience in doing these type of seminars could get in touch with me an
explain what you can do and what sort of cost we could expect to pay.

I look foward to hearing from you,

Dalyn Beye
Senior Developer
Telus Multimedia Solutions