List:       jakarta-general
Subject:    Re: Recasting Apache license
From:       Stefan Bodewig <bodewig () apache ! org>
Date:       2002-02-26 7:19:44

On Mon, 25 Feb 2002, Andrus Adamchik <andrus-jk@objectstyle.org>
wrote:

> I am going to recast standard Apache license to change the
> definitions of copyright holders to our project team. Now, the
> problem is that the project site, objectstyle.org , is not an
> officially registered foundation like Apache.

I think the original license - before the Apache Software Foundation
has been founded - said copyright by "The Apache Group", even though
there hasn't been a legal entity of that name.  Not sure wether this
has been legaly binding.

Isn't this waybackmachine.org site cool?  See www.apache.org from
1996: <http://web.archive.org/web/19961028114216/www.apache.org/>

The license back then: