List:       jakarta-commons-user
Subject:    [daemon] passing environment variable to prunsrv start <service>
From:       jean-baptiste Silvy <jbsilvy () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-10-14 15:51:11

Hi,

I have a jvm service created by procrun. I want to know from the Java code
if the service has been started manually by the user (in server manager or
using sc) or through our application.

I thought I could use environment variables. But apparently all additional
variables must be set in the registry before starting the service. "prunsrv
start <service>" does not honor the ++Environment parameter.

The same happen for system properties and Java parameters.

Is this the expected behavior? Or is there other alertnative?

Thanks in advance,

Jean-Baptiste