List:       jakarta-commons-user
Subject:    SANSELAN - parameters for writing exif metadata using TiffOutputField.create()
From:       Martin Tomko <martin.tomko () geo ! uzh ! ch>
Date:       2009-07-15 11:53:56

Dear All,
I have been using Sanselan for some time with success to read metadata,
and to write in Lat/lon using the provided convenience method. I am now
trying to alter some other fields, and am not able to decode the
expected parameters in order to successfully write the values in.

example:

float azimut = ...

TiffOutputField dirfield =
outputSet.findField(GPSTagConstants.GPS_TAG_GPS_IMG_DIRECTION);
            if (dirfield != null) {

outputSet.removeField(GPSTagConstants.GPS_TAG_GPS_IMG_DIRECTION);

outputSet.removeField(GPSTagConstants.GPS_TAG_GPS_IMG_DIRECTION_REF);
            }

 try {
                TiffOutputField    azimutField =
TiffOutputField.create(GPSTagConstants.GPS_TAG_GPS_IMG_DIRECTION,outputSet.byteOrder,
azimut);
                TiffOutputField azimutFieldRef =
TiffOutputField.create(GPSTagConstants.GPS_TAG_GPS_IMG_DIRECTION_REF,outputSet.byteOrder,
"M");

                exifDirectory = outputSet.getOrCreateExifDirectory();
                exifDirectory.add(azimutField);
                exifDirectory.add(azimutFieldRef);

            } catch (ImageWriteException e) {
                e.printStackTrace();
            }

Results in the following Exception:
org.cmc.sanselan.ImageWriteException: Tag does not expect a single value.
    at
org.cmc.sanselan.formats.tiff.write.TiffOutputField.create(TiffOutputField.java:73)

What are the correct values to be used? Where can I find the
documentation for the parameter values, especially the byte order and
the allowed value types for the variables?
Thanks
Martin