List:       jakarta-commons-user
Subject:    [Net] FTP: ftp.logout produces a SocketException when firewall is active
From:       "Gabriel Birke" <gabriel.birke () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-11-11 11:54:38

Hello,

I'm using the FTPClient class for an upload applet. The upload code is
structured like the example code given in the docs. I'm using
enterLocalPassiveMode() after login and completePendingCommand() after
each upload.

The uploads work fine, even when uploading several files. But when I
call the logout() method I get a SocketException with the message
"Connection reset" - when my firewall is active (though not all of the
time but in ca. 80-90% of the calls). If it is inactive, everything
works fine. I'm using the standard Windows firewall without
modifications.

Is there some way around that?

Gabriel