List:       jakarta-commons-user
Subject:    Re: Re: [SCXML] Multiple transitions based on events
From:       "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akolkar () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-03-29 0:04:19

On 3/28/06, Heiko.Eichberger@rsbick.rohde-schwarz.com
<Heiko.Eichberger@rsbick.rohde-schwarz.com> wrote:

> Hi Rahul,
>
> there must be a difference between the nightlies of 20060324 and 20060325.
> Since nightly 20060325 I got the error messages. It must have to do
> something with the "send" tag at "onentry". When I use the "send" tag I get
> the errors (right after calling "go" of SCXMLExecutor). Here's a sample of
> mine:

<snip-test-cases/>

> Up to nightly 20060324 it worked fine and I could use an event dispatcher
> to get the information from "send" tag.

<snap/>

You're right, there were changes to the <send> impl. Two things happened here:

a) There was an older bug in Commons SCXML dealing with unnamed
events, which has been fixed via r389631 [1].

b) That will kill the "endless loop", but that still won't yield the
behavior you desire. For the EventDispatcher to come into play, you
must specify a targettype that is neither empty/unspecified nor the
String "scxml" (regardless of case). The SCXML WD assigns very
specific semantics to the targettype "scxml" (and an empty value
defaults to that). You will need to add a targettype to the <send>
element, see this version [2] of your test case along with the
testWizard02Sample() test case in this file [3] for all the details.

Thanks a lot for the test cases.. Let me know how things go :-)

-Rahul

(long URLs, may be fragmented)

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs?rev=389631&view=rev
[2] http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta/commons/sandbox/scxml/trunk/src/test/java/org/apache/commons/scxml/env/jexl/wizard-02.xml?view=markup