List:       jakarta-commons-user
Subject:    commons cli
From:       Maximilian Haeussler <maximilianh () gmx ! de>
Date:       2004-08-31 11:29:56

Hallo,

I couldn't find a mainling list for commons cli. Therefore I'm sending
the question to you: How can I build an option with multiple arguments??
And how do I later retreive the values? I don't understand the
sourcecode sufficiently. Apart from that, when i set .hasArgs(2) for an
option built by the optionbuilder, helpformatter doesn't reflect this in
any way, only the last option is printed in the help text.

I want something like "-print <textfile> <linelength>" but this is far
from obvious after having read the documentation.

I don't want to introduce an new option "-print <textfile> -linelength
<number>" as -linelength applies only to the "-print" option and to no
other options.

Thanks!

Max