List:       jakarta-commons-user
Subject:    RE: commons logging  issue
From:       "Edelson, Justin" <Justin.Edelson () mtvi ! com>
Date:       2004-03-29 15:36:14

It sounds like this is more of a log4j configuration question then a
commons logging question.

The answer is probably going to depend on the application server you're
using. According to the Java Servlet 2.3 (and 2.4) specification, "The
web application classloader must load classes from the WEB-INF/classes
directory first, and then from library JARs in the WEB-INF/lib
directory," so it appears you application server is off-spec, at least
based on your description.

But before getting into that, I'd ask why you need xDoclet.jar in a web
application classpath? I'm not a big xDoclet user, but this seems odd to
me.

Justin