List:       jakarta-commons-dev
Subject:    Re: [LANG] Start contributing
From:       Gilles Sadowski <gilleseran () gmail ! com>
Date:       2020-01-29 11:16:36

Hello.

Le mer. 29 janv. 2020 =C3=A0 03:49, Asanka Amarasinghe
<ahamarasinghe@gmail.com> a =C3=A9crit :

> Hi,
>
> Can anyone guide me ?

If you are interested in
   https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/LANG/issues/LANG-1499
you could maybe provide your suggestion on how to resolve
the issue in a comment over there.

HTH,
Gilles

> On Sun, Jan 26, 2020, 7:33 PM Asanka Amarasinghe <ahamarasinghe@gmail.com=
>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I started with  LANG-1499  (
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/LANG/issues/LANG-1499 ) . I'm
> > looking for a mentor to work with, get to know the rules and practices
> > around. Below are my findings on LANG-1499.
> >

> >    - In the current implementation, if given *LHS* and *RHS* objects ar=
> >    not in the same hierarchy (Parent-Child classes) then
> >    *EqualsBuilder.reflectionEquals* method will always return false
> >    without further validations.
> >    - In documentation (
> >    https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-lang/apidocs/org/apache/co=
mmons/lang3/builder/EqualsBuilder.html)