List:       jakarta-commons-dev
Subject:    Re: [configuration] Java 8 types
From:       Gary Gregory <garydgregory () gmail ! com>
Date:       2018-03-29 18:30:43

Hi,

We are talking dead Java 7 here, Android or not, Java 10 just came out. It
looks like Android supports some Java 8 at least:
https://developer.android.com/studio/write/java8-support.html

If someone has a burning desire to maintain a Java 7 branch, go for it. I
do think that in 2018, we need to move off Java 7 for main Java
development...

Gary

On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 12:05 PM, Oliver Heger <oliver.heger@oliver-heger.de