List:       jakarta-commons-dev
Subject:    Re: [all] Should our gitignore files contain only build-related entries?
From:       Amey Jadiye <ameyjadiye () gmail ! com>
Date:       2017-05-31 9:04:43

Hi,

I think easier way to have all ignorable extensions and directories in
.gitignore and same have to be replicated in global gitignore from all
other Commons projects. Commons is always having short fixes and
improvements , people tend to fork>work>PR>delete repo on local pc.
Instructions should be in UsingGIT and CONTRIBUTING.md but not sure people
will follow everything. Ignores already  present in .gitignore of each
project makes everything painles.

Regards,
Amey