List:       jakarta-commons-dev
Subject:    Re: [Numbers] Java =?UTF-8?Q?version=3F?=
From:       Gilles <gilles () harfang ! homelinux ! org>
Date:       2017-04-30 14:55:56

On Sun, 30 Apr 2017 15:39:20 +0100, sebb wrote:
> On 30 April 2017 at 15:32, Gilles <gilles@harfang.homelinux.org>
> wrote:
>> On Sun, 30 Apr 2017 14:49:56 +0100, sebb wrote:

>>> IMO it is wrong for Jenkins to dictate the Java compat level of the
>>> items it builds.
>>

>> I agree.
>>
>>> Besides, it is not difficult to do.
>>

>> Then why doesn't INFRA do it when they perform an upgrade that
>> breaks what used to work?
>
> Don't ask me, ask them...

I first asked here because I might have missed an announcement
explaining how to upgrade the config.  [I seem to recall having
done what was required when the issue with Java 6 was first
mentioned; then it broke again.]

>> Help welcome, since I must have missed the "easy" part in my
>> attempts to fix it...
>
> Which job is failing?

I've just seen that you fixed it for "RNG". Thanks!
I've reviewed the changes and did the same in "Numbers".
Fixed now!

Thanks,
Gilles