List:       jakarta-commons-dev
Subject:    Re: [BeanUtils] Next release 1.8.4 or 1.9?
From:       Oliver Heger <oliver.heger () oliver-heger ! de>
Date:       2013-02-28 20:51:51

Hi,

Am 28.02.2013 14:28, schrieb Benedikt Ritter:
> 2013/2/23 Benedikt Ritter <britter@apache.org>
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just wanted to start a discussion whether we should push out a bugfix
>> release or start to work on new features right away and release a 1.9
>> (including bug fixes of course ;-)
>>
>> Benedikt
>>

> I have looked through a lot of issues in the meantime. There are currently
> at least 11 bugs that could be fixed in 1.8.4. So IMHO it makes sense to
> push out a 1.8.4 and start working on new features afterwards.
> I'd like to hear Olivers thoughts about this, as I think he needs new
> features for the next [configuration] release.

I started working on a patch for BEANUTILS-425, so I hope to get this in
in near future. This is what I would need for a new [configuration]
release. However, before this can happen, there are lots of things to
do. So no need to hurry.

That said, I think it is a valid option to skip the maintenance release
and go directly to the feature release, even if this takes a little
longer. (The last release was long ago, so a few weeks/months do not
make a difference.)

But if you have free time available and want to go ahead, just do it.

Oliver