List:       jakarta-commons-dev
Subject:    Re: [Math] On-demand cobertura report
From:       sebb <sebbaz () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-03-31 13:19:57

On 28 March 2012 17:18, Thomas Neidhart <thomas.neidhart@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Unfortunately, that's not it: Cobertura still runs the tests. :-(
>>
>> -Dcobertura.skip
>>
>> is what the documentation says.
>>
>> http://mojo.codehaus.org/cobertura-maven-plugin/instrument-mojo.html
>
> this seams to just skip the instrumentation, but the tests are still
> executed, and generate an error afterwards.
>
> Skipping the tests in general also prevent the cobertura run, as it is
> executed as part of the test phase afaik:
>
> mvn site -Dmaven.test.skip=true -Dcobertura.skip=true
>
> worked for me now (the cobertura.skip is still necessary, otherwise the
> cobertura report is created as part of the site and fails).

To speed up site generation, I find the following profile is helpful:

    <profile>
      <id>UseWhateverNameSuitsYouHere</id>
      <properties>
        <skipTests>true</skipTests>
        <maven.javadoc.skip>true</maven.javadoc.skip>
        <maven.clover.skip>true</maven.clover.skip>
        <cobertura.skip>true</cobertura.skip>
        <findbugs.skip>true</findbugs.skip>
        <pmd.skip>true</pmd.skip>
      </properties>
    </profile>

This can go in your settings.xml.
I guess we could add it to Commons Parent

There may be a few other skip properties to add.