List:       jakarta-commons-dev
Subject:    Re: [lang] Getting involved
From:       Henri Yandell <flamefew () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-08-09 2:37:58

Please - get involved :)

General gameplan for a long time now has been to be a  for user's
contributions; however with 3.0 there's a lot of room for proposing
rewrites of features and killing old APIs that aren't 'right'.

Usual 'rules' - make sure there's a JIRA for anything which is a
change to functionality (ie: not style fixing/test improvements). I
tend to make a patch for anything that I want opinions on and let it
sit on the issue for a little while. There are a few meta JIRAs for
things like removing functionality that is in the JDK or is
non-desirable. That'll help with release notes :)

Hen