List:       jakarta-commons-dev
Subject:    Re: commons-deamon problem on linux x64
From:       "Bill Barker" <wbarker () wilshire ! com>
Date:       2008-01-31 3:20:36

"Job Honig" <joho@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
news:200801290855.34673.joho@xs4all.nl...
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use commons-deamon on a suse x64 system.  As running
> it with the 32bit java installation failed (configure detectes the os and
> looks for the 64 bit jvm), I switched to Sun's x64 java distribution.
>
> However, the latter distribution does not contain a client jvm library,
> so I get several messages like this:
>
> library /local/jdk1.6.0_04//lib/amd64/hotspot/libjvm.so
> 13172 jsvc debug: Cannot locate library for VM hotspot (skipping)
>
> I understand there is no 64bit jvm client, you have to use the 32 bit
> client and the 74 bit server.  It looks like this is not supported by
> the config for commons-deamon.
>
> Is there an easy solution for this problem?  Using the 32bit version
> would be ok, can I force config to use that one instead of looking for
> the one that is 64 bit???

Well, if your C compiler is a cross-compiler, then you just set the CFLAGS
environment variable to whatever it needs to be to compile 32 bit code.

I'm assuming that you have already tried using -jvm server on the jsvc
command line for the 64 bit case.  If this still fails, then you can hack it
by editing version.c, and adding the location of libjvm.so in the
location_jvm_configured table.