List:       jakarta-commons-dev
Subject:    Re: [collections] additions
From:       Stephen Colebourne <scolebourne () btopenworld ! com>
Date:       2007-03-30 19:58:09

Matt Benson wrote:
>  - was there a plan for breaking things apart into
> functors, what else?

I would like to see a good discussion on what jars to produce.

>  - Does this really matter?--people can always use
> tools to create subset jars if they can't deal with
> the full-size version, no?

I don't mind if it ends up as one project producing lots of jars, but we
need to produce them, not require others to.

>  - are enhancements to existing classes (as opposed to
> new classes) still fair game?

Yes, IMHO

>  - any objections to me committing in this component?
> Should I attempt to port to the 1.5 branch?  Or will
> that be a restart?

AFAIK, there have been no changes on trunk since the 1.5 branch split,
so I would suggest coding in the 1.5 branch.

Stephen