List:       jakarta-commons-dev
Subject:    Re: svn commit: r426813 - in /jakarta/commons/proper/configuration/trunk/src:
From:       Oliver Heger <oliver.heger () oliver-heger ! de>
Date:       2006-07-31 20:00:25

Rahul Akolkar wrote:
<snip/>

> <snap/>
>
> The method in question apparently has existed ever since xalan2 came
> about (my guess would have been there is some version xalan1 in
> lib/ext, but you've tried all that).
>
> As a side note, xalan 2.6.0 -> 2.7.0 is generally considered a bigger
> leap, so I've left [scxml] at 2.6.0 (its closer to what JDK 1.4 had
> built in, so the 1.4 user has less reason to need the endorsed
> standards override mechanism, and cause any errors therein) -- but
> since [configuration] has had atleast one prior release with a xalan
> 2.7.0 dep (are we using any 2.7.0 specific stuff?), maybe the xerces
> version also should be upgraded? (2.7.0 has been tested with xerces
> 2.7.1).
>
> *Sigh*, cross-JDK compatibilities for XML processing continues to be a
> pain point, IMO.
>
> -Rahul

Hi Rahul,

thanks for having a look at this.

We do not use any specific features of xalan 2.7.0. There is one
transform() call in XMLConfiguration for writing the DOM to a file,
which works without problems. The two test classes that cause trouble
try to transform a SAX source into a DOM.

I can test other versions in the next few days. And yes: it is a pain!

Oliver