List:       jakarta-commons-dev
Subject:    Re: commons-concoct - new project proposal
From:       Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akolkar () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-11-30 23:48:12

On 11/30/05, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Oddly enough, I have spent the last week point five
> working on a similar setup at $work.  My syntax is
> slightly different (extended I would say).  If this
> proposal is accepted in principle, I could query my
> boss whether we could make any contributions.  As an
> Apache committer, I believe I have the right to work
> in the Jakarta commons sandbox on such a project.
>
> Commons people?

<snip/>

Indeed, the Commons charter says you're welcome :-)

Procedurally, its nice to start with a [proposal] thread, in the
format specified by the "Example Package Proposal" section of the
charter [1], and obtain feedback from existing Commons committers.

If the code was *not* developed in the ASF repository, you will have
to incubate [2] it first. Someone with more incubator-related
experience will probably clarify once the details are posted in the
proposal.

-Rahul

[1] http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/charter.html
[2] http://incubator.apache.org/