List:       jakarta-commons-dev
Subject:    RE: [email]  Please add new build to ibiblio (and general
From:       Joe Germuska <Joe () Germuska ! com>
Date:       2004-09-30 18:00:18

At 12:16 PM -0400 9/30/04, Shapira, Yoav wrote:
>Hi,
>
>>I guess I wouldn't think it appropriate to put on ibiblio as it is
>>now.  Would you be satisfied with a SNAPSHOT build on the Apache
>>"nightly-build/beta" repository?  http://cvs.apache.org/repository/
>>
>>Maybe I'm making too much of the "sandbox" status and the like, but
>>my sense has been that the ibiblio mirror is intended for more
>>official, finished stuff.
>
>I don't think you're making too much of it: I agree with the above.

OK, that's all I needed.  I went ahead and executed "maven
jar:deploy-snapshot" against the commons-email CVS HEAD. -- see
http://cvs.apache.org/repository/commons-email

Note that the Maven deploy plugin has changed its model for defining
deployment repositories to support a list of repositories instead of
just the "maven.repo.central" property.  At some point, it would be
good for Commons projects to cooperatively make some choices about
these --  they rely upon interdependently named properties, and
enough that it would be tedious to have to type them all in each time.

I was working on this question for Struts recently, and below is what
I have in the Struts project.properties file (as yet uncommitted).  I
offer it for comments/feedback.  It wouldn't hurt to use the same
stuff for all Apache projects, or if that's not possible, we should
choose good names for the repository "IDs" (the "xxx" part).

Joe

# -------------------------------------------------------------------
# D E P L O Y M E N T  P R O P E R T I E S
# -------------------------------------------------------------------
#- For nightly builds, use:
#-    maven jar:deploy-snapshot
#- This will deploy to the 'default' directory, which corresponds to
the "remote
" repository
#-  http://cvs.apache.org/repository/
#- For production builds, use:
#-    maven -Dmaven.repo.list=ibiblio-mirror jar:deploy
#-
#- you must define  maven.repo.xxx.username and
maven.repo.xxx.privatekey as maven
#- properties outside of this file, because they are unique per user.  Put them
in
#- ${project.home}/build.properties or ${user.home}/build.properties or specify
them
#- on the command line.
#- http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/artifact/properties.html
#- http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/artifact/examples.html
#- http://maven.apache.org/reference/user-guide.html#Properties_Processing

#- the value of maven.repo.list specifies the target or targets for deployment
maven.repo.list=apache

#- APACHE (Betas and other limited release builds)
maven.repo.apache=scp://cvs.apache.org
maven.repo.apache.directory=/www/cvs.apache.org/repository/
maven.repo.apache.group=apcvs
#maven.repo.apache.username=(see note above)
#maven.repo.apache.privatekey=(see note above)

#- IBIBLIO-MIRROR (GA RELEASES ONLY)
maven.repo.ibiblio-mirror=scp://cvs.apache.org
maven.repo.ibiblio-mirror.directory=/www/www.apache.org/dist/java-repository/
maven.repo.ibiblio-mirror.group=apcvs
#maven.repo.ibiblio-mirror.username=(see note above)
#maven.repo.ibiblio-mirror.privatekey=(see note above)

--
Joe Germuska
Joe@Germuska.com