List:       jakarta-commons-dev
Subject:    Re: Commons - TLP
From:       Geir Magnusson Jr <geir () 4quarters ! com>
Date:       2003-12-22 14:18:07

On Dec 21, 2003, at 3:20 PM, Paul Libbrecht wrote:

> I might have overlooked something in the whole flood about this topic.
>
> Allow me to add that a move into Apache Commons might have our Java
> flavour sort of shaded. A move out of Jakarta Commons, however, might
> free our projects from the "server-only" orientation of Jakarta
> project in general.

Does anyone really keep that in mind ?  I mean, anything can be used on
a server.

I think that we (the community) should address this in our charter as
soon as we get the bigger CLA and oversight issues squared away.  If we
asked nicely, I'm sure that we could drop the 'server-only' aspect of
the charter.

geir

geir@4quarters.com