List:       jakarta-commons-dev
Subject:    RE: httpclient: possible HttpClient/PostMethod bug
From:       "Waldhoff, Rodney" <rwaldhof () us ! britannica ! com>
Date:       2002-05-30 21:34:19

Hey Dominic.

I saw your note before, but I haven't had a chance to dig into it yet.

One thing that may help you to diagnose the problem is to turn on
httpclient's "wire" log, which will tell you precisely what httpclient is
reading and writing over the wire.  You can do this by adding the following
properties to your system properities (e.g., via a -D argument to your java
command line):

 httpclient.log=org.apache.commons.httpclient.log.SimpleLog
 httpclient.simplelog.log.httpclient.wire=INFO

From what I saw before, it looked like you were using the API correctly.