List:       jacorb-developer
Subject:    Re: [jacorb-developer] Jacorb use localhost instead of hostname
From:       "Wagner, Marcus (Marcus)" <marcuswagner () avaya ! com>
Date:       2011-07-04 5:53:38

Hi,
there are three properties that handle the problem of binding jacorb on specific \
physics. The option "OAIAddr" is useful in your case, I think.

See Documentation for further informations (Chapter 3.3):
OAAddress
Used to supply an explicit listener protocol and address for servers. The general \
form of the value is <protocol>://<address>. The protocol name must match the \
protocol(s) used by the server. For example: iiop://myhost:1234. This property \
supercedes OAIAddr and OAPort.

OAIAddr
The Object Adapter Internet Address: IP address on multi-homed host (this gets \
encoded in object references). Addresses like 127.0.0.X will only be accessible from \
the same machine! If OAIAddr is not set on a multi-homed host it is operating \
system/JVM dependant which IP address is selected. If the developer is trying to use \
callbacks (not bidirectional GIOP) on a multihomed host the client will also require \
OAIAddr set as it is acting as a server.

OAPort
See OAIAddr above (ignored if OAAddress is set)

regards