List:       jacorb-developer
Subject:    [jacorb-developer] Question about naming service
From:       Luca Foschini <luca.foschini () studio ! unibo ! it>
Date:       2007-02-05 18:48:32

Dear all,
   I'm trying to realize a simple naming context hierarchy by using the
JacORB ns.

To do this, first I obtain a reference to the RootContext:
      org.omg.CORBA.Object tmp_ref =
orb.resolve_initial_references("NameService");
      org.omg.CosNaming.NamingContextExt default_context =
org.omg.CosNaming.NamingContextExtHelper.narrow(tmp_ref);

Then, I create a new NameComponent for the new context, and I try to
invoke bind_new_context on the default_context (created above):
      NameComponent [] name = new NameComponent[1];
      name[0] = new NameComponent("myContext", "context");
      Object tmp_obj = default_context.bind_new_context(name);
      my_context = org.omg.CosNaming.NamingContextExtHelper.narrow(
tmp_obj );

All works fine until the invocation of bind_new_context method.
Then, it seems that the new context gets added (as shown by NameManager
GUI), but I get the following exception, and I'm not able to
obtain my_context:

org.omg.CORBA.BAD_INV_ORDER: Server-side Exception: The Servant has not
been associated with an ORBinstance
Method)
        at
        at
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:274)
        at
org.jacorb.orb.SystemExceptionHelper.read(SystemExceptionHelper.java:173)
        at org.jacorb.orb.ReplyReceiver.getReply(ReplyReceiver.java:326)
        at org.jacorb.orb.Delegate.invoke_internal(Delegate.java:967)
        at org.jacorb.orb.Delegate.invoke(Delegate.java:868)
        at org.jacorb.orb.Delegate.is_a(Delegate.java:1268)
        at org.omg.CORBA.portable.ObjectImpl._is_a(ObjectImpl.java:49)
        at
org.omg.CosNaming.NamingContextHelper.narrow(NamingContextHelper.java:57)
        at
org.omg.CosNaming.NamingContextHelper.read(NamingContextHelper.java:29)
        at
org.omg.CosNaming._NamingContextExtStub.bind_new_context(_NamingContextExtStub.java:144)
        at server.main(server.java:69)

Has anyone else got the same problem?
Any suggestions?

Thanks for your kind attention!