List:       jacorb-developer
Subject:    [jacorb-developer] JacORB as CORBA message handler in EJB
From:       "Jürgen" Weber <jugewe () yahoo ! com ! br>
Date:       2005-11-13 16:35:45

Hi,

I am currently evaluating a scenario which requires
having GIOP communication over messaging, and thinking
about using JacORB.

There should be an message driven EJB listening on a
message queue, call JacORB to unmarshal the received
GIOP message, call the servant and marshal the
results, and send a reply message to a C programm.

An RMI over IIOP client is not an option,
communication must be with messaging.

Would this be possible with JacORB?

I know there is the extensible transport framework ETF
and it works with JMS, but it still requires that the
JacORB server threads have control.

But I want that there be no multithreading in the
server (because the code should run in an EJB) and
that the EJB has control.

How could JacORB be changed, to make that possible?

Basicly I'd like to run an EJB code like

public class CORBABean implements MessageDrivenBean,
MessageListener
{

ORB orb;
MyImpl impl;

public void ejbCreate()
{

	orb = ORB.init( args, null );
	poa.the_POAManager().activate();

	impl = new MyImpl();

	obj = poa.servant_to_reference(impl);

	// NO orb.run();
	// no Orb loop, work should be triggered by message
arrival

}

public void onMessage(Message msg)
{

    byte[] input = new byte[...];
    msg.readBytes(input);

    byte[] result = JACORB.handleInput(orb,impl);

    // send back result
}

Thanks in advance,
Jürgen