List:       jacorb-developer
Subject:    Re: [jacorb-developer] ImR server setdown
From:       Nicolas Noffke <Nicolas.Noffke () epost ! de>
Date:       2002-10-17 9:42:01

Hi Pedro,
imr_mg setdown will only change the imrs internal state, i.e what the imr
*thinks* the servers state is. Therefore, there is no communication from the imr
to the server to tell it to go down. When your server has to be stopped on
demand, you have to implement that yourself.

The original intent of imr_mg setdown was to be able to recover from server
crashes. The imr will normally only mark a server as down, if the server
explicitly told the imr that it is going down (this is done in orb.shutdown()).
However, if the server crashed and didn't call orb.shutdown(), the imr will
think it to be still active and redirect requests to a dead process.

Hope that helps,
   Nicolas