List:       jacorb-developer
Subject:    Re: [jacorb-developer] Problem Connecting over the Net
From:       Alejandro Imass <aimass () aimass ! org>
Date:       2000-12-20 20:14:22

> ORBit uses unix domain sockets if not explicitly told otherwise,
> which could be the source of your problem. Are you absolutely
> positive that your ORBit client uses TCP sockets?
>
> Regards, Gerald Brose.
> --

I suppose it's using the tcp sockets since I can acces an identical
example from different machines using ORBit - to - ORBit. Also, I'm able
to connect w/ JacORB - to - JacORB.

Now we've narrowed it down to ORBit client to JacORB Server. The ORBit
client returns null when trying to get the object reference using the
JacORB-Generated IOR string, using the call:
CORBA_ORB_string_to_object(orb, ior, &ev);

I decode the strings on both sides and it's OK. I mean they show the same
port host, etc..
My previous communication problem was because I had set my hostname in
the OAIAddr parameter instead of the IP address. Because of this JacORB
was using the loopback interface intead of ethx.

I posted the problem on the ORBit list to see what they come up with, but
if you have any further help, it would be greatly appreciated, really.

Thanks very much for your help.

Alejandro Imass