List:       jacorb-developer
Subject:    [jacorb-developer] Message Interceptors
From:       Antonino Virgillito <virgi () dis ! uniroma1 ! it>
Date:       1999-10-27 9:30:12

[Note for Gerald Brose: no, that was not intentional...now it should be
right...as you see it still doesn't work, however, thank you for your
response ]

I have a problem with message interceptors in JacORB 1.0 under SuSE
Linux 6.1/JDK 1.1.7:
if I change the message in the client interceptor this change is ignored
on the server side.

This is a simple test code:

[in client message interceptor]

	public byte[] pre_invoke( org.omg.CORBA.Object t, byte [] buf )
	{

		System.out.println("original message size:"+buf.length);

		byte[] pbuf = new byte[buf.length+10];

		[copies buf in pbuf and insert zeroes in the attached bytes]

		System.out.println("output message size:"+pbuf.length);
		return pbuf;
	}

[in server message interceptor]

	public byte[] pre_invoke( byte [] buf )
	{

		System.out.println("input message size:"+buf.length);
		return buf;

	}

The output is:

[client-side]
original message size: 60
output message size: 70

[server-side]
input message size: 64  [the connection, I suppose]
input message size: 60

Have someone already experienced a similar behaviour?

I have attached the whole code so, if you like, you can try it out by
yourselves and see if it is a general problem or simply somewhere
there's some silly error of mine.

Thank you

Tony
["messageint.tar.gz" (application/x-gzip)]