List:       jabber-jdev
Subject:    [jdev] Tigase XMPP Server v7.1.0 released!
From:       Daniel Wisnewski <daniel.wisnewski () tigase ! net>
Date:       2017-01-31 2:11:03

Greetings users and developers of XMPP applications alike!
Just in time for FOSDEM and XMPP Summit 21, We are proud to announce the
official release of Tigase XMPP Server v7.1.0!

This is a massive release we have worked hard on, and with it brings a
lot of behavior changes and added functionality.  As a heads up to
anybody wanting to upgrade right away, the process will not be a simple
overwrite and go if you are using older versions such as 7.0.0, so
please pay special care to the upgrade documentation.  You will also
need to upgrade JDK to v8 or newer if you haven't already.  For the sake
of brevity, (and to save wear and tear on the mail servers), the full
patch notes are available on our website here:
http://www.tigase.net/blog-entry/tigase-server-710-release

If you wish to skip the notes, binary files are available here for
download: https://projects.tigase.org/projects/tigase-server/files

We hope you enjoy the many new features available with this release.  As
usual if you have comments, suggestions, or difficulty, please post them
on our forums here https://projects.tigase.org/projects/tigase-server/boards

We look forward to seeing some of you in Brussels!
Tigase Team