List:       jabber-jdev
Subject:    Re: [jdev] Problem with group chat app
From:       Dave Cridland <dave () cridland ! net>
Date:       2014-03-24 7:11:39

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On 24 Mar 2014 00:45, "Cabus, Michael" <CabusM@philau.edu> wrote:

> Hi
>   I have the framework for a group chat app:
>
> http://arialboundaries.com/groupchat/
>
> It seems to work, essentially; but, I do not think it is properly logging
on...it quickly forces a user to sign back on after signing off.

Now, I assumed you meant authenticate by logging on. But then you use
signing in.

Assuming you meant authenticate both cases, my guess is the resource
conflict resolution - you're connecting multiple sessions with same
resource name, so the server trying figure out what you meant.

> Any ideas why this would happen, or how I could debug?

With these things, you really want the protocol transcript so you see what
gets sent when.