List:       jabber-jdev
Subject:    Re: [jdev] Google Summer of Code
From:       eric () cirr ! com (Eric Schnoebelen)
Date:       2012-03-31 14:58:35

Jo=E3o Paquim writes:
- I'm still working on my application, I think I have decided on
- a project from the Swift ideas page: "Multi-account Support".
-
- I just have a question: What exactly is the goal? To have multiple
- users logged in using a single instance of Swift? To have various
- accounts logged in at different times but associated with different
- sessions (in terms of settings and stuff)?

My take on "multi-account support" (And I'm *not* a swift
developer) is that a user is executing/using swift and as more
than one account defined, and more than one account concurrently
logged in via the swift client.

The lack of this feature is the cause for my aborting my attempt
to convert from Psi to swift a while ago.  I currently about 10
different XMPP accounts in use in my Psi configuration. (why so
many? because there are accounts from different sources, and for
different purposes.)

--
Eric Schnoebelen		eric@cirr.com		http://www.cirr.com
	Have you ever noticed that the people who are always trying