List:       jabber-jdev
Subject:    Re: [jdev] Google Summer of Code
From:       Kevin Smith <kevin () kismith ! co ! uk>
Date:       2012-03-29 16:16:24

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 8:00 PM, Jo=E3o Paquim <jonhypaquim@hotmail.com> wr=
ote:
> Hey everyone,

Hi.

> My name is Jo=E3o Paquim, and I'm working on my application for GSOC 2012.
> I could use some tips from you guys, I'm having some difficulty choosing
> something to work on, I've spent some time looking at the Ideas list, but=
> can't help but feel a little lost. There are many things that would inter=
est
> me, but I would need some guidance in preparing the application.

I think it'd be a sensible first step to look at the projects (e.g.
Swift, Spectrum, Jitsi...) and see which you'd most like to work on.
You'll then find contact details for the mentors for those projects
available on the ideas page, and could get in touch with them to see
which of the ideas might suit you best.

> How many
> people regularly have their GSoC applications rejected?

That statistic isn't particularly meaningful, as the quality of
application varies wildly.

/K