List:       jabber-jdev
Subject:    Re: [jdev] c/c++ libraries for xmpp client
From:       Jonathan Schleifer <js-jdev () webkeks ! org>
Date:       2008-11-27 14:34:54

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Am 27.11.2008 um 08:04 schrieb Andreas Monitzer:

> Kinda offtopic, but what about libFoundation?

This project is dead for almost 10 years :(.
But I decided to not revive it so I can have something released under
BSD license, which is more free :).

> Having a XMPP-library
> for Cocoa would be very nice!

Having one that doesn't need Cocoa would be even nicer, as that'd be
portable :).
That's why I wanted to finish my framework first and then write an XML
client library for my framework, which works happily together with
Cocoa. Acutally, my main development machine for it is running OS X
PPC :).

> There is one included with Colloquy, I think it's usable as a separate
> library, too:
> http://colloquy.info/project/browser/trunk/Frameworks/Acid
>
> I found another one in development (or maybe it's dead, too, since
> there doesn't seem to have been any updates for a year):
> http://italk.xiaoka.com/wiki/XMPPFramework

They both need Cocoa, so it's not possible to write portable apps with
them :(.

--
Jonathan

["PGP.sig" (application/pgp-signature)]