List:       jabber-jdev
Subject:    Re: [jdev] parsing xml (xmpp) with ruby
From:       "Eric Will" <rakaur () malkier ! net>
Date:       2008-10-01 20:04:00

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 3:59 PM, Remko Tronçon <remko@el-tramo.be> wrote:
> I don't know anything about REXML. Looking at the source code, there's
> a bunch of parsers, but all of them call 'pull' somewhere, so that
> makes me suspect that something's not right. The only people that can
> help you are the other Ruby developers that did XMPP work, and I think
> all of them already replied in this thread. Maybe you should look at
> their code to see how they do it, and talk to them if you need help?

XMPP4R is the only other Ruby project I can find out there. I asked
what you use to see if I could find Ruby bindings for it. XMPP4R uses
REXML, and as far as I can tell after looking through the code for an
hour or so is that it does the same thing I do, and closes the stream
when it gets an exception from REXML.

> cheers,
> Remko

-- Eric Will // rakaur --