List:       jabber-jdev
Subject:    Re: [jdev] How to automaticallly accept presence
From:       "Michal 'vorner' Vaner" <vorner () ucw ! cz>
Date:       2008-09-29 14:23:20

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hello

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 05:27:38AM -0700, Reman Child wrote:
> A more general question - is it necessary to follow 'subscribed' with a
> subscription request of your own? Ie, do I need to be subscribed to all
> people that are subscribed to me, or is it fine to just send 'subscribed'
> and be done with it? In my case, I don't need to know their presence, I just
> want them to be able to IM my bot.

They could talk with the bot even if you didn't send subscribed. They
wouldn't just see it as online. So, generally, you don't.

However, google talk, in their incredible desire to battle spam, do not
deliver messages unless contacts are mutually subscribed, so for gtalk
users, you need to subscribe to them as well. (And do not ask me how
this helps eliminate unwanted messages.)

--

Michal 'vorner' Vaner