List:       jabber-jdev
Subject:    Re: [jdev] [Standards] Do Not Disturb, Directed Presence, etc
From:       "Michal 'vorner' Vaner" <vorner () ucw ! cz>
Date:       2008-07-01 9:06:18

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hello

On Tue, Jul 01, 2008 at 09:57:56AM +0100, Pedro Melo wrote:
> I was wondering if there is a potential use for the forgotten <thread> but
> I can't make that case yet.

Maybe send the auto-response only once during the thread?

> But I would like to see automatic messages marked somehow anyway, maybe a
> <x xmlns="urn:xmpp:automatic-message' />. This would allow me to influence
> the display of such messages (and other things like don't store them in the
> archive).

Or not send auto-responses at all. If someone can't read in my status
I'm DND, will he be able to read it from a message? It is only duplicate
information. If someone feels he needs it repeated in the chat window,
let his (not remote) client do that.

> I often understand DND as a state where I can interrupt other to ask some
> stuff for the task that I'm doing. And I'm willing to accept back

I take DND as „No useless talking like wanna go for a drink, but I'm
here, if it is really important (like your house is on fire), it is
ok)".

Have a nice day

--
A nuclear war can ruin your whole day.