List:       jabber-jdev
Subject:    [jdev] New to this group - File sharing project
From:       "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Rapha=EBl_Thollot?=" <repplst () free ! fr>
Date:       2007-10-31 23:28:48

Hi all,

First, I'm new to this group so I guess a kind of "hello world !" would be
appropriate !

I subscribed because I'm starting to work on a Java file sharing project
(peer-to-peer). I thought your advices could be a great help. I'm willing t=
use Jabber protocols.

I'm thinking of using the library Smack (users presence, messaging) but my
understanding is that I'll need another one like Jingle to be able to send
and receive files.
I'm a bit confused about the basic picture here, what way would you
recommend for that kind of application ?

Thanks for your help,
Rapha=EBl