List:       jabber-jdev
Subject:    Re: [jdev] jabberd2 2.1 Release
From:       Sander Devrieze <s.devrieze () pandora ! be>
Date:       2006-12-03 14:21:28

Tomasz Sterna schreef:
> Dnia 03-12-2006, nie o godzinie 14:28 +0100, Remko Tronçon napisał(a):
>> Sure, but using the same name as the project you fork is not really a
>> good idea IMHO. Either officially take over the project and close down
>> all old project pages, or baptise it with a different name (and mark
>> the old project as dead or so).
> That's not a good solution either.
> Reading jadmin list you see, that there are people having problems with
> 2.0sXX series, that I've fixed long time ago.
> If I change the name (had thought of it), then the answer for them is:
> - you need to switch to XXX
> - but I don't want to swich, I like jabberd2
> - but It's really a jabberd2 server, but under different name
> - oh, how confusing...

Add a note to the old website saying "This project is abandoned and
unmaintained. <b>No security fixes or patches will be made!</b> Please
strongly consider switching to a <a href="http://some_page_on
xmpp.*_that_lists_all_maintained_XMPP_servers"> maintained XMPP server</a>."

--
Mvg, Sander Devrieze.