List:       jabber-jdev
Subject:    Re: [jdev] Online Game Group is pleased to announce a new version of
From:       "Christopher Zorn" <christopher.zorn () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-08-28 11:29:34

On 8/28/06, Ralph Meijer <jabber.org@ralphm.ik.nu> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 27, 2006 at 09:20:46PM -0400, Christopher Zorn wrote:
> > [..]
> >
> > Added 'player' role and affiliation.
>
> Huh? I'm not sure if JEP-0045 allows custom roles/affiliations. Why you
> would you need that and why you would have both a role and an
> affiliation here. Could you expand on this a bit?

It is not in the JEP. We needed ways to limit who talks to who. I did
not see this in the JEP. There is just voice and no voice in the JEP.
We created the role of player so observers can talk to each other but
players will not be able to see what they are saying.

The affiliation came because it was needed to have a player marked as
a player before they entered the room. We may get rid of the role.

> > [..]
> > Added ability for other message elements to be broadcasted and put in
> > history.
>
> Did earlier versions of palaver actively munge data before broadcasting?

Unfortunately, yes.
It also does not support iq translating like the other MUCs do. This
will be supported in the next version.

> > [..]
>
> Anyway, cool stuff. I will try this out again soon.

Thanks! I have not tested it with the t.w.p.j in subversion. I need to do this.