List:       jabber-jdev
Subject:    Re: [jdev] Re: Local proxy for multiple applications
From:       Mikael Hallendal <micke () imendio ! com>
Date:       2006-04-24 9:28:11

21 apr 2006 kl. 20.26 skrev Michal Vaner (Vorner):

Hi,

> Dne pátek 21 duben 2006 19:49 Magnus Henoch napsal(a):
>> I haven't looked at it myself but Telepathy might be a place to
>> start:
>> http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/wiki/
>
> My god, not another DBus monster! :-O

Using D-Bus doesn't by itself create a monster you know ;)

> Why do simple things in complicated way?

I think one reason you see Telepathy as overly complicated is that
you are trying to solve different problems. Or rather, Telepathy
tries to solve more problems than you had in mind for your project.

I agree that the project you propose makes a lot of sense and would
love to have such a project (without the extra functionality of
Telepathy when you are only interested in XMPP)

I noticed that you had hacked up a prototype and that it was
requiring QT4. I'm not sure if this was planned for the final version
or just for the prototype but having a dependency on QT would
definitely lower the reusability of the project.

Best Regards,
   Mikael Hallendal

--
Imendio AB, http://www.imendio.com