List:       jabber-jdev
Subject:    Re: [jdev] Pubsub node namespaces
From:       Steve Smith <ssmith () vislab ! usyd ! edu ! au>
Date:       2005-06-29 23:57:46

> No. Node identifiers are defined to be opaque. Any (visually implied)
> hierarchy or other ordering is implementation specific.

> I don't think including owner information in the node identifier is a
> good idea, by the way. What if the owner of the node changes? Also, a
> node can have multiple owners.

OK, I'm probably taking the wrong track with this then.  I should
probably create arbitrary node and make its jid available via some other
method.

The problem is I'd like the make the pubsub node available in a MUC
room, preferably while 'unattended', in the absence of discovery
extensions (as there doesn't appear to be a conference server which
supports this).  However if its not possible to intuit the node id from
existing room information I'll probably need to publish it in the
subject line.

Cheers,
Steve