List:       jabber-jdev
Subject:    Re: [jdev] Google Summer of Code
From:       Perry Lorier <isomer () coders ! net>
Date:       2005-06-21 10:06:33

> * Presence notification as you said.  For example next to the name of
> the author of a page is a graphical indicator of their jabber status.
> I've seen this done using a bot to maintain the presence subscriptions
> (see Edgar http://edgar.netflint.net).

I got bored and added this to our (WLUG) wiki using edgar.

http://www.wlug.org.nz/RecentChanges

It wasn't a big thing to do, it just checks if there is a jid link on
your HomePage and if so creates a link to edgar to show the presence for it.

(Sorry for the late reply, I was just bored enough this evening to
implement it)