List:       jabber-jdev
Subject:    [jdev] Project: Chat and LMS
From:       "Maroa Gikuuri" <maroa.gikuuri () schoolswithoutlimits ! org>
Date:       2005-05-19 19:48:26

We are looking for a developer to create a "Teaching Services" module
for our open source LMS (ATutor or Moodle).  This module needs to
integrate courses in our LMS, authorization and chat.

Here is a scenario:

Student Perspective
1. a student is taking a course
2. the student gets to a section in the course where they want to
contact the teacher for help
3. the student clicks the "Tutor" button
4. a link (or description) of the current page the student is on in the
course is transferred to the Teaching Services module
5. based on the student's account, grant them access to the chat
feature.
6. a link (or description) of the page of the course is automatically
included with the correspondence to the teacher so the teacher knows
exactly where the student is having the problem.
7. the student requests teacher to join a chat session.

Teacher Perspective
1. A teacher logs into our LMS
2. The teacher will see a blinking light indicated that a student(s)
wants to initiate a chat session.
3. the teacher can then join a chat session to communicate with
student(s)
4. a link (or description) of the course page will be included in the
first message to the teacher.
5. the teacher can invite other authorized students to join the chat
session.

If you have experience with developing such a module or have an idea of
how it could be done, we may be interested in hiring you to develop this
for us.  Please respond to me at the email address below.

Thank you,

Maroa Gikuuri
Maroa.gikuuri@schoolswithoutlimits.org